Wednesday, April 05, 2006





















When I travelled to shirdi with my Amma, Appa and cousin Siva - we stopped at a place to have tiffin. Dutta who was our guide cum driver took us to a place that was more like a dhaba. We had chapatti there. While coming out they had an agarbatti advertisement pasted on the wall. It was a beautiful picture of Meera. I could not resist. I wanted to paint it one day. So I asked the dhaba owner if I could have the painting. My cousin sridhar also tried doing a sketch of it. Today since I have the time I decided to do a pastel version of it..making meera into a bride...taking her veena away..

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

good thinking! BTW, do you also have in mind of a bridegroom for your imaginative Meera?

ashok said...

good one priya...

Jeevan said...

meera looking beautiful, specially her hands. Wish you and your family a HAPPY TAMIL NEW YEAR:)

priyums said...

Sana - I got you...the real Meera was happy the way she was. Who else the one love - Krishna.

Ashok,
thanks! And please comment about ones you dont like..

Jeevan - thanks and wish you a happy New year too!

Anonymous said...

Priyums,
So when are going to paint Krishna, the bridegroom?

kuttichuvaru said...

hey priya, jus came across ur paintings... excellent work!! keep them coming!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

What a great site Beet pulp for horse feed supplement Samantec virus scan English national anthem football ultram+medicine Bextra cox2