Wednesday, February 08, 2006

..trying to remember .I think this photo was on a greeting card. I liked the lighthouse and the waves.
















I wanted do do an acrylic and a pastel based on the idea. I was learning portrait painting and my teacher gave me a dark paper for my portrait..that was greyish brown in color so was perfect to use because it had the same tone as that of the background in the photograph. This is my pastel painting based on the photograph above.













Again I was not so happy with the pastel one so I did an oil painting that had the lighthouse
and the ocean but in a different perspective..and a sunny day



















More to come...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Priya,

This is shiva,

GREAT WORK..shld try to match the diamonds of louvre!!!

Adhithi Narayanan said...

Hi Priya Aunty,

I came from P.K. Anna's Blog.

Do visit my blog sometime

B.T.W. nice paintings.
;)

Anonymous said...

Priyums, great work. Amazing !! well, these words dont convey my exact feelings, cannot convey, not enough. I am simply speechless by your work. Keep it up.

Jeevan said...

Wow good paintings. your drawing impresed me, its veryy natural i will also try u r idea for myy drawings.

priyums said...

Deepak, Surprise.. Thanks ..Long time no hear..but I do get all info from PK.

Adhiti - I did see your blog..very pretty. Keep updating when you have time..

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »